What is EV Affilliation?
Clubs involved in Equestrian sports can gain a range of benefits if they affiliate with EA. Affiliated clubs have the following benefits:
- The right to use EA rules and regulations and appoint EA-accredited Officials for their events.
- Access to manuals and other reference material that will help them run their club and their event.
- Can purchase a range of club insurance packages negotiated for the whole Federation.
- They are covered by the Member Protection policy and other relevant policies of EA.
- You should not confuse EA Affiliated Clubs with EA Insured Clubs - these are two different things. Just because a club is EA Affiliated it may not be EA Insured and vice versa.
Become affiliated and share these benefits!
Affiliating your club
Affiliating your club is easy but there are a few things that we need to see first.
- A copy of your Club Constitution. The club constitution is basically the guideline and rules by which your club will be run which includes all provisions for memberships, disciplinary matters, the committee and meetings etc.
- A copy of your clubs Certificate of Incorporation.
- Your Risk Management Plan. This needs to be a comprehensive plan which shows that you have practices in place for assessing and identifying possible risks and that you have a risk management action plan. Click here for more information.
- A certificate of Currency for Insurance if not using the EA Insurance. Once you have all these things, send them in your completed application form. Once this has been approved your club can begin to run official events.